Back Home        Montgomery County Maryland, Md. - A-Z Directory ("A"= Attorney "C"= Church "R"= Restaurant)        Add Your Business


Bell, P.A. - Law Firm

General Practice Law Since 1974

101 West Jefferson Street
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: 301-762-1717 
Email : belllegal@msn.com
Address Map  |  Driving Directions
Hours: by appointment

General Practice Law Since 1974

RANDALL GARY ROSE, born Boston, Massachusetts, February 2, 1958; admitted to bar, 1993, Maryland, Pennsylvania and U.S. Court of Military Appeals; 1995, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals; 1997, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Education: Boston College (B.A., 1980); University of Maryland (J.D., 1990). Member: Montgomery County, Maryland State and American Bar Associations. PRACTICE AREAS: Criminal Law; Negligence Law; Personal Injury; Family Law.

HARRY L. STONE, born Columbus, Ohio, November 30,1970, admitted to bar, 1998, Maryland. Education: Nova Southeastern University (B.S., 1993); The Columbus School of Law (J.D., 1998). PRACTICE AREAS: Litigation; Negligence Law; Criminal Law; Personal Injury; Family Law; Worker's Compensation.

Camille A. Gray, born Jamaica; admitted to bar 2005 Maryland, Virginia 2006. Education:  Andrews University (B.A.S.C., 1991); Thomas M. Cooley, cum laude, J.D., 2005).  PRACTICE AREAS: Criminal Law, Family Law, and Civil Law.


OF COUNSEL:

ISSA G. ZIAHEH: Born Amman, Jordan, November 16, 1964; admitted to Maryland Bar and the U.S District Court, 4th Circuit, in 1997. Education: University of Maryland, ( B.A., 1992); Widener University School of Law, (J.D., 1996); Member: American Bar Association; Maryland Bar Association; Montgomery County Bar Association. Languages: Arabic Practice Areas: Commercial Law, Collections, Family Law.

REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS: John J. Fitzgerald Automotive Dealer Group; Colonial Dodge, Inc.; Lakeforest Oldsmobile, Inc.; Lakeforest Chrysler-Plymouth, Inc.; Kensington Transcom, Inc.; Wheaton Dodge City, Inc.; Sports America, Inc.; National Quarterback Club, Inc.; James R. Butterfield & Associates, Inc.; Filmet Corp.; Simmons First National Bank of Arkansas; Glenfed Mortgage Co.; Prudential Residential Services, Inc.; CLB Printing Company; Encounters International, Inc.; Sweeney Building Services, Inc.; Dehn's Auto Services; UTICA National Insurance Group; Salon Elie; Comprehensive Insurance Agency; Oakwood Apartments; BMB Corporation; Bell Limited Partnership; Atlantis Associates; Gaithersburg Carpets.


Law Clerks: David B. Saslaw, J.D.


Historic Bell Tower Building in Rockville, Maryland

When a law firm changes offices, it is generally not newsworthy, but it is not an everyday occurrence that the new office happens to be one of Rockville's oldest religious sanctuaries. Spirited by the efforts of attorney John T. Bell, the former Rockville Christian Church is the home for the Maryland Law Firm of Bell, P.A. While the exterior of the church remains unaltered, Bell, P.A. renovated the entire interior for the utilization of law offices.

"I purchased the church for a number of reasons," said Mr. Bell, "the foremost of which were to have a unique home for my law firm in central Rockville, while at the same lime, preserving the historical and cultural significance of the Rockville Christian Church..."

BellTower.jpg (20993 bytes)

"I purchased the church for a number of reasons," said Mr. Bell, "the foremost of which were to have a unique home for my law firm in central Rockville, while at the same lime, preserving the historical and cultural significance of the Rockville Christian Church." The Rockville Christian Church is one of the oldest churches among the Christian Churches, Disciples of Christ, in America. Initiated in postcolonial Rockville, its founding congregation was led by William McClenahan, an Irishman Who came to head the English Department at the Rockville Academy, a school antedating the public school system. Church meetings were first held in the Academy and in the homes of the parishioners. The pattern continued until September 26, 1866, when Robert V. Braddock conveyed to the church the property at the corner of Adams and Jefferson Streets in Rockville.

The congregation immediately constructed a wooden chapel and met there for the ensuing twenty-seven years. In 1893, the brick church building was constructed by, the prominent architect builder, Edwin West, for the total sum of 3500. After over 100 years, the exterior Victorian style architecture remains intact. West graced the church with The finest architectural features of that period, including patterned slate roof, arched doorways and an octagonal shaped tower with fish-scaled shingles.

The congregation's next building project was the annexed education building needed to house the growing church school. The building was completed and formally dedicated on February 5, 1950. After a fire in 1953, which gutted most of the sanctuary, the Rockville Christian Church was refurbished to its prior condition.

WaitingArea.jpg (24978 bytes)

Each office also retains the elegant stained-glass windows which are the hallmark of the classic church. The pulpit section has been converted into a spacious reception area...

Reconstruction began in 1974 under the supervision of the law firm. The sanctuary itself is divided into five offices for attorneys and secretaries. Each office is designed to preserve the integrity of the sanctuary as was originally conceived and constructed by West. Each office also retains the elegant stained-glass windows which are the hallmark of the classic church. The pulpit section has been converted into a spacious reception area. Interior decorators have provided a design which blends the inside of the building with the charm of the nineteenth century sanctuary.

Reconstruction began in 1974 under the supervision of the law firm. The sanctuary itself is divided into five offices for attorneys and secretaries. Each office is designed to preserve the integrity of the sanctuary as was originally conceived and constructed by West. Each office also retains the elegant stained-glass windows which are the hallmark of the classic church. The pulpit section has been converted into a spacious reception area. Interior decorators have provided a design which blends the inside of the building with the charm of the nineteenth century sanctuary.

Throughout the interior of the building original paintings, etchings, and limited edition prints provide a motif which complements the historical nature of the church.

ScalesJustice.jpg (21740 bytes)

The remainder of the upper floor is divided into offices. The level beneath the sanctuary and educational building has been transformed into seven offices for clerks and administrative personnel, a kitchen, and a law library.  Throughout the interior of the building original paintings, etchings, and limited edition prints provide a motif which complements the historical nature of the church.

From its earliest beginnings, the building has been an important part of the history of Rockville and Montgomery County. The Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, is itself the oldest Protestant  denomination organized in frontier America. The church, therefore, adds Historical significance to the district by incorporating a scope of Rockville's prominent figures, as well as, historical, religious, and architectural  features of the past.

The law firm is a member of the National Trust for the Historic Preservation, which is a private organization determined to save the national heritage of historically and architecturally significant buildings. The National Trust for Historic Preservation was chartered by Congress in 1949 as a non-profit organization to encourage public participation in preserving and rehabilitating the best and most deserving of America's past so that it may be useful in the present.

The Rockville Christian Church has been listed with the National Register of Historic Places, as part of the West Montgomery Avenue Historic District since May 29, 1975. The National Register of Historic Places is the official list Of the nation's cultural resources worthy of preservation.

Reprint "Frederick Post"

Negligence Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Law, Medical Malpractice, 
Family Law, Products Liability, Workers' Compensation, Probate, Condemnation, 
Real Estate and Bankruptcy Law. Trials in all State and Federal Courts.
JOHN T. BELL, born Richmond, Virginia, March 24, 1936; admitted to bar, 1963, Maryland and U.S. District Court, District of Maryland; 1964, U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and U.S. Court of Military Appeals; 1965, U.S. Claims Court; 1968, U.S. Supreme Court; 1978, U.S. Tax Court. Education: University of Maryland (B.S., 1959; LL.B., 1962). Member: Montgomery County, Maryland State and American Bar Associations; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Maryland Trial Lawyers Association. LANGUAGES: Spanish. PRACTICE AREAS: Negligence Law; Personal Injury; Criminal Law; Family Law.

 


Share |
 

Bell, P.A. - Law Firm

General Practice Law Since 1974

101 West Jefferson Street
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone: 301-762-1717 
Email : belllegal@msn.com
Address Map  |  Driving Directions

  


  
Bell, P.A. - Law Firm is a proud sponsor of MontgomeryCountyMD.com!.
   
Promote your business on the Internet - Become a Sponsor of MontgomeryCountyMD.com!
 
©2009 Area Guides, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
AreaGuides.com sites are powered by CraigShipp.com
 

Back Home        Montgomery County Maryland, Md. - A-Z Directory ("A"= Attorney "C"= Church "R"= Restaurant)        Add Your Business